11/02/2006

We're Mad as Hell and we're not gonna blog about it anymore

Pittsburgh, PA

Our next post will be our last post until after the election. Now it's time to hit the streets. After the election, there will only be a couple more posts before we shut down Santorum Cybergate and formally disband the A.S.A.P. (Anti-Santorum Action Posse).

Our upcoming post will be the Santorum Songbook Volume Two - THE VICTORY SONGS. (a followup to our mega-hit Volume One). Don't worry, it's not bad luck to release it early and there are definitely no chickens being counted here. Besides, it's not luck that's will win this election - it's the work we all have done and the work we all will do in the next few days.

It's necessary to get the T-Ricky songs out pre-vote for your election night parties, because we've always believed, to paraphrase a great quote (that Emma Goldman never said):

"If we can't sing, we dont't want to be part of your revolution."


So with the words of Bob Marley as inspiration -

Get up, stand up
Stand up for your rights
Get up, stand up
Don't give up the fight

- we'll just say,

on to VICTORY !




Musical gems from the
CORPORATEMEDIA COLLECTION -

While looking for the above clip, I wandered off and found these two that I saw performed live a quarter century (plus a decade) ago. There was a war going on back then, too.

Although I'm not a pacifist by any measure, I've always believed that virtually all wars are fought for bad reasons. I remember a night in '71 camped out at the Tidal Basin in DC, preparing for the coming days of demonstrations, listening to this one being performed by Phil Ochs If I were ever to become a pacifist (I'd kill to become a pacifist), this would be my anthem -



I'll never forget seeing the Doors perform this one back in '69. Jim's singing about something that I guess, with DNA testing, won't happen anymore - the Unknown Soldiers. It's not much comfort for the soldiers trapped in the hell called Iraq.


And for the ultimate lyrical inspiration, I'll leave you with this one.



bcnu on the other side of Victory,

corporatemedia




Tricky Ricky / Santorum / Residence / Residency / Pittsburgh / Pennsylvania / PA