3/06/2006

Channeling John Belushi, OR
Tricky Ricky Sings the BLUES!

Tricky Rick Santorum's letter-to-the-editor in the Monday, 3/6/06, edition of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette -

"In addition, the article referred to my "personal charity." I do not have a personal charity. The reference was an allusion to Operation Good Neighbor, a charitable organization that I founded in 2000. Since then, I have had no control over its direction. My involvement is limited to being honorary chairman of the board -- a board that includes former Philadelphia mayor W. Wilson Goode, a prominent Democrat -- and lending my name to fund-raising events. That's it." - Tricky Rick Santorum (3/6/06)
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06065/665687.stm
Tricky Rick is founder, honorary chairman, raises funds, and gets jobs for his campaign aides. Meanwhile most of the bling he collects is going for salaries and overhead. What's the problem?

Nice t-ry, T-Ricky! But you'll have to to t-ry harder to channel a t-rue master of excuses: Jake Blues!

"No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!" - Jake Blues(1980)